Within the overstimulated minds of nationwide media members and paranoid native followers, Kirk Cousins spent Saturday looking studio residences in New York Metropolis, Justin Jefferson positioned a down cost on a seashore home to be nearer to work and the Vikings’ mind belief started collating mock drafts to see what number of dozens of gamers they will have to commerce to amass the rights to USC quarterback Caleb Williams.
Media stories, rumors and outright disinformation all transfer on the velocity of sunshine, so the Vikings’ 1-4 file, mixed with their unwillingness or incapacity to signal their two most vital gamers to contract extensions, led to a Black Friday At The Division Retailer frenzy of random potentialities and journalistic vandalism.
This might be a very good time to name a timeout — if Kevin O’Connell hasn’t used his season allotment already.
The 2023 Vikings are certainly getting ready to catastrophe as they put together to face the Bears at Soldier Area. They’re certainly in want of a victory to say they continue to be in competition. However earlier than we rent Leonardo DiCaprio to play the lead within the film, let’s examine whether or not the ship really hits the iceberg.
The NFL is an odd place. Each week, nice groups lose and dangerous groups win. There’s a higher than 1% probability that as of Sunday night time, the Vikings could have defeated the Bears, the Lions could have misplaced to a surprisingly competent Tampa Bay staff in Florida, and the Vikings might be two video games out of the division lead with 11 video games remaining, together with two towards Detroit.
Whereas the Vikings haven’t proved that they’re a very good staff, they’ve but to show that they’re a hopeless staff. They’ve misplaced 4 video games by one rating or much less. Two of the losses got here to the groups that performed within the Tremendous Bowl final 12 months.
Possibly this staff might be prepared to surrender on the season come Monday, however let’s wait till Monday to seek out out.
Which is able to imply ready till no less than Monday to decide on a cost plan for Cousins’ new home.
Might the Vikings commerce Cousins to the New York Jets? It is theoretically doable.
Listed here are the explanations it is not as a lot of a certainty as ESPN would love you to consider:
* Cousins has a no-trade clause. He must need to be traded mid-season from a staff by which he’s closely invested, and a spot the place he owns a house and raises his children, to tackle the strain of taking a struggling staff not solely to the playoffs however on a playoff run, and certain with out that staff making a future dedication to him.
* The staff buying and selling for Cousins must consider that he would instantly elevate them into competition for a championship, regardless of his lack of expertise of their system and with their coaches, and regardless of his historical past. Cousins is 35. He has been a starter for 9 seasons. His postseason file is 1-4. He has by no means performed in a convention championship recreation.
* The staff most frequently related with Cousins through media hypothesis, the Jets, already traded huge belongings to amass Aaron Rodgers, and is hoping Rodgers might return both later this season or definitely subsequent 12 months. The Jets received seven video games final 12 months. They’re 2-3 this 12 months. Are they higher positioned to make a playoff run within the gifted AFC East, which options the Payments and Dolphins, than the Vikings, who seem like enjoying in a nasty division with an unproven first-place staff?
* The thought of tanking is fashionable within the media, however what number of NFL groups have efficiently tanked for a franchise quarterback and had that technique repay? The 2011 Colts stunk it as much as get Andrew Luck, and he obtained them to 1 AFC title recreation, which they misplaced 45-7.
* What occurs to the Vikings’ enterprise mannequin and negotiations with Jefferson in the event that they cease making an attempt to compete this season, begin Sean Mannion at quarterback, and embarrass themselves whereas ending 1-16?
This is a novel concept: Why do not the Vikings simply beat the Bears, and go away it to ESPN to assist the Jets discover their subsequent quarterback?
Supply Hyperlink : https://jatim.uk/